ABOUT OUR PRISON REENTRY PROGRAM
A prison reentry program by prisoners for prisoners. Peer-to-peer support with properly trained individuals we call mentors. A mentor is there to offer guidance with everything from learning how to use a cell phone, get a replacement SS card or learn how to grocery shop and plan meals. For a recently incarcerated person to succeed in being a productive member of society, they must first have a strong foundation to work from.
- Funds for driver’s license, ID, clothes, toiletries, and other incidentals that are lacking in funding.
- Weekly calls and daily support as needed from a mentor.
- Personalized reentry plan
- Interpersonal communication education training
- Source: Data provided by the U.S. Department of Justice, Community Oriented Policing Services Office.